Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CrAzY EiGhT tag

I've been tagged with a Crazy Eight's meme by Debbie over at Gittin' It Outta My Head and since it hasn't been that long since I tagged some of you then I am going to let you pick this up on your own if you feel inclined to do so...it's always fun to learn new things about each other so I really hope you do...just leave me a comment that you are accepting the invitation and I will point and snicker...
I mean show up to reassure you that your life is much more exciting than mine...and here's proof:


8 things I have a passion for:

a personal relationship with God
prayer
being a mom
continuous learning
writing
honesty
gardening
good coffee

8 things I would like to do before I die:

travel abroad
write a novel
see both of my children happily married
hold a grandchild
pay off my house
climb Half Dome
live with the homeless for one week
take a cross-country road trip

8 things I say a lot:

thank you
I love you
be careful
I'm serious
goodness gracious
call me!
oh my
whatever

8 books I have recently read:

The Holy Bible
Voluntary Simplicity
A Loss For Words
Critical Pedagogy
Shakespeare
Out of the Dust
Things I Overheard While Talking To Myself
The Case for Christ

8 movies I have seen 8 times:

I have not seen ANY movies 8 times!
Those few I have seen more than once are:

Serendipity
The Notebook
Calendar Girls
I Am Sam
Gone With The Wind
Dragonfly
The Bone Collector
City of Angels


5 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful Joni! None of your answers surprises me :) I haven't seen any movies 8 times either. In fact, I ususally don't watch more than once.

The book "Things I Overheard While Talking To Myself" piqued my curiosity! Sounds interesting :)

Googled Half Dome and hon, more power to you! Even with cables...no way!!

Brenda said...

Great eights!!

Annette said...

and this is why I love you!! can never learn engough about friends, even friends we've known since grammer school. I'm still deciding if I want to be tagged with 8?
Love you so much
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox, Nettie

kimberly said...

wonderful eights, joni....fun! i will have to give it a try....but give me a few days! :) the "things i overheard...." also piqued my interest...will also have to check it out.
always fun to hear more interesting and new things about someone you "know" but don't "know".
hope you have a wonderful day doing YOUR thing! hope your time is giving you satisfaction and you are fulfilling some of your creative ideas.
hugs dear friend,
kimberly

Lisa said...

Isn't it fun to get to share a part of yourself with others? I love reading the Crazy Eight tags and need to do mine. I was tagged by two people and just have not gotten it done...yet! I want to create a tag of my own and will, soon as I have time to do it. I want to create one that will tell me things about my friends that I have just met through the blogging world.

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...