Life is full of colorful changes…each day is a gift to be unwrapped…a letter to be opened…a child to grow…a door to walk through…a time to let go…a breast to be removed…a child leaving home…a parent dying…a story in a book…a tree to be planted…a stranger in the street…a lost job…a smile…a tear…a place where we all exist. It is both harsh and lovely, chaotic and serene. I want to laugh, I want to cry, I want to be here to experience the confusion, the happiness, the fragility, the reality of what it means to be alive…living, breathing, being. I want to kick up my heels and sing in the streets (if only to embarrass my children). I want to wrap myself up in the quiet of a cloud and just drift through these colors…all of them. I want to remember the hurts, the flavors, the smells and everything that ever made me realize this is for real.Thursday, February 7, 2008
every day is new...be happy in it
Life is full of colorful changes…each day is a gift to be unwrapped…a letter to be opened…a child to grow…a door to walk through…a time to let go…a breast to be removed…a child leaving home…a parent dying…a story in a book…a tree to be planted…a stranger in the street…a lost job…a smile…a tear…a place where we all exist. It is both harsh and lovely, chaotic and serene. I want to laugh, I want to cry, I want to be here to experience the confusion, the happiness, the fragility, the reality of what it means to be alive…living, breathing, being. I want to kick up my heels and sing in the streets (if only to embarrass my children). I want to wrap myself up in the quiet of a cloud and just drift through these colors…all of them. I want to remember the hurts, the flavors, the smells and everything that ever made me realize this is for real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sun Salutation
Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...
-
Life is funny. At the beginning of the semester I pressed my slacks so as to be sure to look professional in all of my classes. I went to be...
-
Refining myself daily from the inside out... Feeling blessed by the simple things: sunshine laughter love
5 comments:
beautiful, joni.......so many blessings and miracles.....too many to number...bryan and i were talking last night about the need to slow down and savor.....living in the moment....each day...a gift!
Life is colourful...it could never be grey.
I like your blog,you always write something that makes me stop and think. P.S. tell Eric congrat's are with him on his acceptance to UC
What a beautiful post dear heart. Thank you so much for your kind words.. They comforted my heart greatly. You may not know me, but you can be my friend, I reach my hand out to you.
xoxo nita
Such a beautiful post Joni!!
I agree wholeheartedly
EVERY day is a gift..with many
blessing wrapped in it!!
lovingly, Deena
Post a Comment