Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday




"Your life. Love it.
From the hurt to the wonder.
From the bone to the flower.
Love it. With everything you've got.
It's yours."


Life is amazing, after all.  Even when things don't go as expected I have learned to be grounded in appreciation and accepting of what I can't change.  Some days it's difficult to not be a cynic, but if I think about the ways I have been blessed, I know there is much greater joy to be had camping out in that mindset.  I'm in the third week of my summer break from school and each summer I have the best intentions of indulging in favorite pastimes (reading, writing, cooking, gardening) - activities that don't center on managing/teaching 170 mind-boggling teenagers getting ready for college or a career, and yet I always struggle with prioritizing home projects and balancing necessary summer self-care.  There's so much to do in a short amount of time that on most days I don't know where to start.  So, I'm choosing to start here, for now.  Morning coffee in hand.  A list of self care essentials (because if I don't take care of me, I can't effectively and joyfully take care of others), a list of general, daily home needs, and at least two things I really want to accomplish today.  Time is everything. No matter how productive I am, it passes freely.  And all of this, I realize, is such a blessing.  To have summers off. To be aware.  To plan. To cultivate.  To love. To live.




3 comments:

Noodle Cat said...

Thanks for stopping by!
http://afewsmallstories.blogspot.com/

Victoria

kimberly said...

yes....even with NOT having summer distinguished from the rest of the year with work, this is true. how we spend our time in exchange for our days is often something i think about. and i purpose to do "better" with a new day. and then something comes and takes hours from that new day......but if i can just remember to be aware, to appreciate and be grateful.......i feel better about my part in it. love your words.....and love the new look of your blog....so welcoming. xoxo

Annie said...

Do hope you are able to catch up
and achieve the things that need to be done over the summer.

It is supposed to be winter here
and yet we are having a thunderstorm...most unusual.

Minding a small grandson for the last three years,
enjoying watching him grow

and getting used to the aches and pains that seem to arrive with growing older.

I seem to be slowing down a lot!!

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...