Saturday, May 1, 2010

goodbye April, it was nice knowing you

a rose in Coronado could never smell as sweet elsewhere
WeLcOmE May and all the blessings you have stored for us!
To name a few ~
Mother's Day on May 9th...
Wrapping up the end of a long and challenging semester...
Having time to start a new book (any suggestions?)...
Exploring new avenues and opportunities with my newly earned credential...
Planning for the days ahead...
Getting reacquainted with friends' schedules...
Catching up with family members (it seems as though I've been hibernating)...
Blogging more (although realistically, probably not until early June when school actually gets out)...
Lifting my face to the sun/son (not necessarily in that order)...
Recognizing the goodness in all things...

What are some of the joyful anticipations of your May?

11 comments:

Donna said...

Hopefully, waking Up each morning!Hahaa...
Happy day Girl!
hughugs

Irene said...

I'll be writing this in June, May seems to have creeped in with a heap of activities and responsibilities with not much rest. Glad your back.

kimberly said...

~having our wood floors done!!! :-)
~seeing carole king and james taylor
~appreciating the beauty of our flowers and greenery until it is too hot for them to grow! :-)
~the calm before the storm (june)
~and hopefully, like you mentioned, just seeing the good and wonder in each day and joying in it!
hugs dear friend....glad you could peek out for a bit!
kimberly

pchickki said...

I am so jealous! This is the first day we have had a full day of sunshine in months and months!
Beautiful post Joni
Hugs
Patti

Lisa said...

Well I have some high hopes for May, but it might prove to be a rather difficult month for me. I am turning 50 (wohoo!!), mothers day, my daughter graduates (associates degree but will take it for now!) Memorial day weekend and the beginings of summer! And starting to FINALLY redo my kitchen to be done by June 6th when company arrives from Texas. But the hardest part is my darling companion, my faithful, loyal, wonderful momma dog Zoe is very very ill. I have great fears and have not experienced pain like this in a very very long time. I know some people think getting attached to an "animal" is silly, but Zoe has been there for me during some very low points in my life, during some happy moments, has always brought me joy and happiness. I am NOT ready to let her go, but that just might be out of my control. This pain is horrible, and my mind can not focus on anything right now. So I hope May is a month for all good and good for all. Please keep me in your prayers if you don't mind praying for a girl and her loyal love.

Marge said...

May equals: Son Kevin's birthday, son Chuck's birthday, son Lenny's birthday, DIL's birthday, graduation at the college where I worked, and we get to leave for our month long campground host job! Should be enough to keep me out of trouble!

Hope your May is filled with sunshine and flowers!

kimberly said...

happy mother's day dear joni....hope yours is wonderful!!!!
xoxox
kimberly

WR said...

Visiting your blog is always a peaceful joy!

Lisa said...

Ok, time for an update, it now June. Just checking in on you. How are you doing friend?

Lisa said...

Joni, how are you doing? Miss seeing you in blog world. could you update your post just to let us know you are doing ok? Take friend, miss you.

Donna said...

Just checking on you sweetie! Hope all is well!
hughugs

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...