A lazy Sunday...
a cool breeze blowing,
shade trees hugging the house,
blue skies smiling above,
and fresh lavender scones to nibble on.
Such a nice way to wrap up May ~
Lavender Scones Recipe ~
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 whole egg
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter (very cold and cubed)
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender buds (minced)
*culinary lavender can be purchased here
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
Using a fork (or pastry blender) cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until it has the consistency of coarse corn meal.
In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk and egg together and then add to dry ingredients. Press the mixture into a 1-inch high round. Be careful not to knead or over-work the dough.
Cut the dough into 12 wedges and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet..
Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
Serve warm.
Glaze:
1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*lemon juice or other flavors (optional)
5 comments:
I do believe I will head to my local co-op to see if they have lavender. Those scones sound heavenly and I need to make them. Soon! Hope you are relaxing today and thanks for visiting me. Now that school is over you should be able to post more often.
Right?
Om my Goodness! These look lucious!! I need some coffee with that!!hughugs
I can't even imagine what these must taste like! Lavendar scones! I am so intrigued and have to find some lavendar to make these...I just love scones. Thank you for the wonderful recipe! Wish I could have been there to savor them with you on your beautiful morning! : ))
VB
Well, that looks good for a relaxing day! Hope you do enjoy your new found freedom, before...a new job?
Thanks also for your visit to my flowers post today, good to catch up again!
These sound wonderful, maybe that's what I need for my Sunday REST. Lavender is suppose to do that you know.
Post a Comment