Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goodbye: a series

Poemcrazy by Susan Goldsmith WooldridgeI've been having a love affair. With words. It could be the English teacher in me trying to stretch out of this old cocoon (me)...or it could be this book I just read that delivered a plethora of ideas for writing. I'm finding myself pulling words out of the sky and then jotting them down to dissect later...serendipitous, foraging, clanking...I've never collected words before, but the storage capacity appears to be endless (even in the midst of a lingering head cold)...unlike my HD which is filling up and forcing me to do some long overdue file "housekeeping." I've been deleting pictures from solo road trips and explorations in the countryside. Before I bid adieu to a few random pictures I thought I would post them so we could give them a proper farewell...a few words of description, no explanation...just a eulogy of sorts. Please join me in naming these images before I lay them to rest...they did after all lure some of my life moments away...and some of them you will wonder why!



This is Goodbye #1:

old

rusty

nail

dig deep while you can.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

But it's a fine looking Old Rusty Nail! I always find it so hard to weed through my photo files, I hoard even those trial shots. :-)

Lisa said...

Oh I hate to see you get rid of your old "friends" Could you not just go get an external hard drive and put them over there? Or put them on a flash drive so you could have them for "later"? Flash drives are so inexpensive. I enjoyed your picture of Old Rusty Nail. Don't know why, but probably because it came from you!

Denise said...

I would hang an old bucket on that old nail and plant some English ivy and give that old nail new life..... AND YES Lisa........ external hard drives, flash drives... They hold a ton of stuff.. I am a graphic artist and every year I move files that have not been opened to a "storage' drive....... My DH stores them for me in a safety deposit box........... Just a thought !

Donna said...

Noooo! Don't say goodbye! You see a picture that isn't worth salvaging and I see something of beauty! I zapped & cropped it up a little bit in photoshop and it looks great as an artsy shot! I'll send it to you, LOL.

Sally said...

I said goodbye to a few that now I wish I hadn't. :)

Love that one - it speaks to me like the wooden towel rack my grandfather made over 125 years ago which now has rusty nails. It's in my garage; I've never lived anywhere that I could actually hang it on an inside wall.

kimberly said...

what a wonderful idea, dear joni....however.....sounds like you might be convinced to keep them all! :)
Love it!!!
hugs to you,
kimberly
hopefully i'll have some new pics of our little milo soon! :).....jamie and matt are the ones that have the goods....so will try and get them shared! :)

Karen said...

I love words too! In fact I had just posted a post about them when I read this post you wrote. Very interrrestingk!

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...