Saturday, January 24, 2009

Brenda Photo Challenge: looking upward

At day's end...isn't this the most beautiful sunset?

building architecture in cemetery...looking up.

eucalyptus tree

Thank you Joan for hosting this week's Brenda Photo Challenge...looking upward was very eye opening for me...it isn't every day we take notice of things above ground level and it was fun sparking curiosity from onlookers. When I was out and about I had a few people stop and stare up to see what the heck was going on...they may still be there! I look forward to seeing what others have come up with! Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful shots! Love the architecture at the cemetary and that tree is magnificent!

Donna said...

Beautiful Indeed!!! Look at that orange!! Great shots!!hughugs

Karen M said...

Love your pictures. They are always such great, creative shots. My favorite is the sunset....but then I do love God's paintings. And of course the tree tugs at my heart. It seems so strong and reaching toward God.

Janice said...

Beautiful pictures. I love sunsets, its my favorite time of day.

Denise said...

LOOK UP for your redemption draweth nigh! That is what came to my mind looking at your beautiful pictures......

Sally said...

WOW - great shots! I love them all!! :)

Brenda said...

Such a stunning sunset! All of your captures were! I especially love looking up into the tree, glorious!

Donna said...

Each photo is stunning! I love your compositions on these. And that is one of the prettiest sunsets! Great job, Joni!

Marge said...

Love that sunset, Joni. Of course, you know I'm partial to sunsets! I also like the architecture shot.....in't it fun to look at things from a different angle? Just the other day I took pictures of the pine cone hanging on the tip top of the pine trees outide our campsite.

Beautiful, as always!

Sharon said...

What great photos. Love the cemetery shot and the gum is magnificent!

Sharon

Judah said...

awe that sunset shot is awesome

Denise said...

Come on over when you can.. I have tagged you for a Meme......

Jan said...

Wonderful collection of photos. the last one is my favorite.

Annie said...

Good shots Joni...I am late getting my post done..a bit hard to access my photos here lately!

Annie

ps Pleased to see a eucalyptus tree there!! Makes me feel right at home!

Jamie said...

these are beautiful :) Great job!!
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your support through our journey :) it means so much and is truly appreciated! :) Can't wait until I have more to post about. :)
Jamie

Anonymous said...

OMGosh. I tried to do a similar shot with a couple of the trees here by my yard [which were yucky] and I wished I could see that tree [3rd photo] in person! All your Looking Upward pix are beautiful!

Maria said...

Ah,soooo beautiful! I do love your photography! I also love your last post very much - the colours, the composition!
Thanks for following :)

pchickki said...

Beautiful Photos Joni. It is amazing when you look up!

Love your Koi.

Hey I took the picture from Annettes blog of Earl and posted it on my blog too. I sure hope his family shows up somewhere. He really looks like a sweet man!

It is raining here in Oregon too but then that is what Oregon is all about. The rain brings freshness and that is a good thing.

God Bless You Joni
Hugs
Patti

kimberly said...

beautiful images, dear joni....it IS amazing what we see when we view things differently, isn't it.....we are looking forward to a very special day....and what a beautiful sight that is!
xoxoxo
kimberly

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...