Wednesday, July 30, 2008

today's tip


Tip for the day: When using heavy-duty packaging tape to get a package ready to mail, do not hold the end of the tape in your teeth to do last minute box adjustments and flap alignments. The tape just might fall on your bottom lip and remove an entire layer of skin causing MUCH discomfort.

Sometimes I feel like Lucille Ball. I get into more predicaments than anyone I've ever met even when I'm home alone.



15 comments:

Brenda said...

I think we're lucky that they don't use packing or duct tape for hair removal since you've discovered it's strong enough to remove skin. Ouch!

I hope it heals quick and without too much pain for you!

Karen M said...

ouchie

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I hope your lip heals quickly.
I know how you feel..I do stuff like that too.
xoxo Nita

Jules~ said...

goodness how I can relate.
Do you have a favorite Lucy mishap? THe first that always comes to my mind was when she and Ethel worked at the chocolate factory. The second would be the vitamin commercial.

kimberly said...

i can soooo see myself doing that! :) those care packages may end up being a health hazard! :)
thanks for the smile....here and there! much appreciated dear joni!
hugs and have a wonderful day!
kimberly

Karen said...

Ouch. That does sound like something I would do. You be careful!

Annie said...

ditto, such a thing like I would do also..

Joni , hope it doesn't take too long too heal, how embarrassing!

Annie

Cindra said...

Sounds painful!

Donna said...

Ouchie! Now you know what to reach for when you get a splinter. Hope you heal up soon!

Lisa said...

I can't believe I missed your posting yesterday, but I still laughed pretty hard at you today. I will take great heed in not doing the tape thing, because I would never have known that if you had not told me. You are such a good friend to warn others of the perils of holding heavy duty tape in your teeth and ripping skin from your bottom lip. Man, I am so lucky to have met you!!!! Thanks for the warning dear friend. I will stay tuned to see what other words of wisdom you will have for me in the near future!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Stopping by to say you are loved..xoxo Nita

thanks for the comment..

Joni said...

Jules ~
I love all "I love Lucy" episodes! I think your favorites might be my favorites and the bread baking one too!

Sally said...

Holy cow. But, I can relate in a way. Today, I was just mindin' my own business vacuuming, and got my leg wrapped around the cord. Glad my daughter wasn't around!! hahaha

Take care!!

Annette said...

I've done almost the same thing, except my lips where chapped and peeled the dead dermis off, talk about hurt.... your funny
xoxoxoxox
Nettie

Debbie said...

Oh ouch! (snickering a little here because I've put it between my teeth too lol)

I hope it feels better soon and was the package to kids? Were you trying to mail yourself too? :)

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...