Friday, March 21, 2008

far away fridays


Here we go on another tour for "far away friday". I enjoy getting around to those blogs participating and seeing where people have traveled. I almost feel like my post today is cheating because Yosemite is in my backyard, but I know not everyone has been there. We had a Japanese exchange student live with us for a year once and Yosemite was one of the first places she wanted to see. I remember she referred to it as a "perfecture" and I think that is an appropriate term for it. It is definitely where God's creation and grace come together. We have had many experiences at Yosemite and some of them involving bears, but thankfully the Brown Bears we have in California are not known to be aggressive. One of the popular challenges of Yosemite is climbing Half Dome. Everyone in my family has done it but me. I'm kind of afraid of heights, so they are going to have to use a new strategy to get me to go up there. I do enjoy climbing up the Mist Trail and seeing the waterfall though, that's not so bad!

4 comments:

kimberly said...

but was a wonderful place to have in your backyard! :0 we were there when we lived in Sacramento....but you never tire of seeing pictures where "God's creation and Grace come together" as you said so well! it is a spectacular place on earth!
have a wonderful Friday, joni....
kimberly

Annette said...

what pretty pictures, and what fun, I'm like you don't like heights very well, at least not like those. I love the mountains everything fits so well together, so peaceful.....Love ya Nettie

John-Michael said...

Your voice delivers a melody of peaceful comfort and serene rest to my Spirit.

I am grateful for your sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, God's creation is just wonderful and beyond words.

I'd love to meet a bear...a nice non-growly one :)

Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Hugs.

Sarah x

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...