Sunday, February 10, 2008

winter's coat













These days of Winter wrap around me like a cocoon...it's cold and foggy this morning. My hands are warmed by my coffee cup and my heart is warmed through thoughts of the past. I've been writing in the kid's journals-something I have done since they were in the womb...one for each child...my thoughts on life, love, happiness. They will get a kick out of them someday, because they are filled with stories that mark their own lives...changes, relationships, accomplishments. They will be able to see things through my eyes, something I don't think they would appreciate right now, but someday they might. By mid-day I hope to wander out into the garden and begin pulling some of Winter's debris from the underbrush. The winds and rain have left everything coated in brown and I know once I peel back these layers there will be hardy little shoots of green, the promise of new beginnings. By working in the garden maybe this Winter cocoon won't feel as tight as it does right now. I am so ready for Spring in a multitude of ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It feels like Spring here, blue skies, balmy weather, gorgeous...I was ready for it though...having said that I do love fog, I find it mysterious and I always feel like I'm in a Sherlock Holmes novel, lol.

I LOVE the idea of journaling for your children, that is a gorgeous idea...I might just implement that myself.

Hugs.

kimberly said...

sending you some of our beautiful sunshiny day.....77 degrees today, slight breeze....a wonderful day for sailing.....but i will enjoy it on the patio...
have a wonderful day

Annette said...

when your done doing your garden feel free to stop by and do mine as well....I too thought about get outing and cleaning up, I need to clean mt head and it gives me a chance to by myself, I promise no one will come out and help!!!

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...