
There is the promise of sunshine peeking over the rooftops this morning. I think it is destined to be a beautiful day...evidently I have the day to myself...the house is quiet...everyone is gone. Quiet time extended. A good day to develop a discipline plan for school and take time out to listen, to pray, and to reflect on a few upcoming changes in my life. I do have plans to pay a visit to Jim this afternoon. He was moved to the Hospice House this week and I know he has little time left and very few people who take time out to see him. Rather sad really...but it is true we reap what we sow. For those of you who do not know who Jim is I will give you the Reader's Digest version of a very complex story: After my mother had given birth to two boys she wanted another child very badly, but could not conceive again, so she looked into adoption and through the power of some very influential people she was offered "a deal". The details are quite scandalous and lengthy to include, so for sake of space just know that I was the result of "the deal". My mother and father were always honest with me so I knew that I was adopted and I would later understand why we moved so often, but as an adopted child I naturally became curious about my background and when I began snooping around my mother decided to unleash the whole story and help me in my search, so I was in the end able to meet both of my biological parents and Jim is my father. However, I think it is important to point out that I do not have any emotional ties to him, as hard as I try. Both of my natural parents never married each other and went on to have families of their own. I honestly tend to forget that I am "adopted" even though it has left me in peculiar situations. I have had the luxury of spending time and getting to know blood relatives, but my heart will always be loyal to the woman who sacrificed so much for me and loved me unconditionally...I'm pretty certain by now our blood is the same.
8 comments:
sounds like your parents blessed you with the most precious gift....unfailing and unconditional love....
enjoy your alone time and the quiet...and have a wonderful day, joni!
I do belive that the blood ties you nd your mom have are thier, and I hope you have a good visit with Jim. I love you Nettie
You WERE blessed with wonderful parents.
Sit with Jim
I know how you feel, it have
a story too, and affection does not
come to us just because two people
"made a baby".
Tis not the ties
of blood that bind, but the ties
of love and life.
Enjoy your quiet time!!
fondly, Deena
You have been blessed many time over. I hope you and Jim enjoyed your precious time together today.
God bless you for your viewpoint and for the peace and love you radiate.
I can here via Davidmacmahon. Yes, you sound as though you are really blessed.
A very moving site.
I found you via David's blog and I am glad I did .. my husband is adopted so I understand how you feel .. your visits w/Jim are probably good for you both and I am sure your parents are proud of the person they raised
I found your blog through David, and I am so glad I followed the link. What a gorgeous post.
My sis-in-law is going through the adoption process right now and we couldn't be happier for her. It is always nice to hear happy adoption stories from the adopted children. God bless your biological parents for their sacrifice and god bless your parents for their love and support.
Beautiful blog!
Though I have two children (now grown), the three "Father's Day" greetings that I receive each year are from three who never knew a loving Dad. I felt their need, knew of my own, and offered my "Dadship" to them. On one of my Spirit-Daughter's last birthday (her 40th), I offered her a gift to us both ... my legally adopting her. Though we all have been "fathered"... I accept, as a blessing from Life, Dadship as a special and wondrous gift. With my thanks to Sir David for guiding me to you... and to you for being so open and loving, I say "NAMASTE."
Post a Comment