It's late and I'm tired. I don't want to go to bed because it feels too early for that. These late nights are getting me programed, but by Thursday I'm mentally exhausted. Tomorrow must be Thursday right? Okay, so I'm tired a day early. My eyes are tired. I've been reading like a madwoman and churning out literary analyses like there's no tomorrow. All of this just to be an English teacher...yeah, it's worth it...but what if I've lost my sanity by then? Currently I'm doing Adolescent Literature and surprisingly I've discovered a book I really really like. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse is a keeper. It's a book written in verse so that any page by itself is a poem, but collectively the pages tell a story about a girl living in the dust bowl of the 1930's. I've added it to my favorite books list because I like it so much. Maybe I should have been a Librarian....hmmm...right now that sounds pretty good. I am so easily distracted. I got on here to update everyone about Jacob...that's pretty bad isn't it? Anyway, Jacob was able to come home on Monday-a whole week ahead of schedule. He is doing very well. He had an appointment with the cardiologist today and they said he could even return to school next week as long as he only goes for half the day once or twice during the week and then gradually work his way back to the normal schedule after a few weeks. He lost 8 lbs. while he was in the hospital and now weighs a whopping 51 lbs. My sister says she can't believe how well he is doing and how fast everything is healing up...must be all those prayers :)
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
wednesday
It's late and I'm tired. I don't want to go to bed because it feels too early for that. These late nights are getting me programed, but by Thursday I'm mentally exhausted. Tomorrow must be Thursday right? Okay, so I'm tired a day early. My eyes are tired. I've been reading like a madwoman and churning out literary analyses like there's no tomorrow. All of this just to be an English teacher...yeah, it's worth it...but what if I've lost my sanity by then? Currently I'm doing Adolescent Literature and surprisingly I've discovered a book I really really like. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse is a keeper. It's a book written in verse so that any page by itself is a poem, but collectively the pages tell a story about a girl living in the dust bowl of the 1930's. I've added it to my favorite books list because I like it so much. Maybe I should have been a Librarian....hmmm...right now that sounds pretty good. I am so easily distracted. I got on here to update everyone about Jacob...that's pretty bad isn't it? Anyway, Jacob was able to come home on Monday-a whole week ahead of schedule. He is doing very well. He had an appointment with the cardiologist today and they said he could even return to school next week as long as he only goes for half the day once or twice during the week and then gradually work his way back to the normal schedule after a few weeks. He lost 8 lbs. while he was in the hospital and now weighs a whopping 51 lbs. My sister says she can't believe how well he is doing and how fast everything is healing up...must be all those prayers :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sun Salutation
Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...
-
Refining myself daily from the inside out... Feeling blessed by the simple things: sunshine laughter love
-
Life is funny. At the beginning of the semester I pressed my slacks so as to be sure to look professional in all of my classes. I went to be...
5 comments:
Wonderful news about Jacob, thanks for the update.
Hope you get some needed rest and get to do some fun things to recharge your batteries.
Love ya, Phyllis
so wonderful to hear the positive update with jacob.....can imagine the joy his family is feeling!
i, too, hope you get some rest and some renewing......it sounds grueling....but rewarding!
thank you so much for the update on Jacob. i'll continue praying <><
we cannot give from a dry well, so refill yourself - take moments of time to replenish that which makes you useful and ready to move forward. and get some rest. :o)
We all know God take's care of his little children, just like you need to take care of your self and get some rest.
just wanted to pop in and say thank you for your sweet visit. i absolutely love your post "don't judge a book by its cover". isn't it amazing that we are so many things at the same time? thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment