Friday, September 14, 2007

T.G.I.F.

Thank goodness it's friday. I can catch my breath after a whirlwind of a week. I know, I know, my first full week and I'm already whining. I'll work on that. I'm really not complaining, I'm just exhausted! It has been a relatively uneventful week around the house. Kristin locked her keys in the car one day and Erik's truck broke down today and had to be towed home. Other than that - life is good. The kids really get aggravated when little inconveniences occur and I just smile and tell them "That's the way some days go". Kind of reminds me of a church marquis I saw that said "God promised a safe landing...he didn't say anything about smooth sailing". I think there are many character-building attributes to the challenges and tribulations in life and we ourselves need not go through great adversity to be able to recognize how others shape our strengths and weaknesses. I think it is really important to be observant and learn from others. It has been my experience that most things boil down to attitude. It is easy to identify character traits in others that we would deem as flaws for ourselves, but how often do we look at ourselves and measure the level of positivity we express through how we react to things? I am wondering what characteristics I possess that others might find undesirable. Are we ethically obligated to set positive examples? How often do we really thank people for being so positive and encouraging? I'm wondering if I try to always find the good in everything and when I don't, does it show? I just hope Erik and Kristin realize the importance of endurance and are humble enough to realize they are better off for having dealt positively with the things life delivers.

No comments:

Sun Salutation

Here I am, adrift in a day filled with smoldering breezes that are quick to turn stagnant, looking for the sun to burn away the dust and sm...